Contact me to schedule a workshop.
(2 days recommended) Users have generally never used TouchDesigner.
- User interface introduction and navigation
- Intro to OPs and network layout
- Outputting video / Mapping to multiple display outputs
- Creating audio reactive components
- Basic GUI construction
- Intro to Python
Users have used TouchDesigner for a few projects and want to expand their knowledge to more complex systems.
- Simple control networking (Midi / OSC)
- 3D Workflow
- Advanced Inputs (Depth Cameras, Hand Tracking, Computer Vision)
- Creating and maintaining long running installations
- Minimal Web Integration
- Building reusable components
- Extensions and Modules (Python)
- Version control across multiple users
- Intro to GLSL
Users have used TouchDesigner on many projects. This workshop focuses on system optimization, advanced programming techniques, redundancy in distributed real-time systems.
- Backbone systems (Nodejs, Node-Red, Python servers)
- Resource Allocation and Tuning
- Distributed Systems and Huge Rasters
- Creating a real-time layered cueing system
- Creating Tools for TouchDesigner
- Intro to C++ Operators
Python Deep Dive
Users want to become python super users in TouchDesigner.
- Extensions and Modules
- Inheritance and Classes
- Data Structures
- Async and Event Loops
- State Machines
- Creating Codebases
- Automation Scripting
- Startup / Shutdown Scripting